Friday, October 22, 2010

Thing #9: Delicious

I didn't see too much delicious-ness going on here. Trying to add bookmarks to my delicious.com account was more bitter than sweet. I didn't find it very user friendly. (It was quite the struggle trying to figure out how to add the bookmarks and each time I managed to add one, it was like a fluke. So, I had to figure out  how to do that same fluke again. 3 bookmarks later, I still have NO CLUE how I did it...but I did it!)

Also, the uses for it didn't seem practical for normal everyday use. (But, I'll be the first to admit I may be wrong here--otherwise it wouldn't be so popular, right?) I feel you bookmark items on your computer at home for one reason and items on  your work computer for another reason. (For example, I wouldn't bookmark the page for "Webclock" on my home computer--it's pointless to me at  home. On the other hand, pages I bookmark at  home, such as my online banking, I wouldn't use at work.) SoOoOoOoo...I wouldn't really need to have all my bookmarks accessible from any computer at any time.

Librarians could use this to quickly share bookmarks amongst one another...provided they all can figure out how to work this website. (Possible bookmarks they could share would be websites for commonly asked things. ie. IRS Forms, City Information, Biographies) But then agian, librarians have master searching skills, much like ninjas have master ninja-ing skills...so they may not even need delicious.com

As for the common craft video--I couldn't watch it from the computer I'm at. Thus, I can offer little insight on my thoughts of it.

As requested, here's my delicious site: http://www.delicious.com/jpang95

No comments:

Post a Comment