Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Thing #5: Twitter (Tweet! Tweet!)

Laura "is at the Frisco Public Library"....Someone tweeted about us!

I'm currently following a band, a motivational speaker, and a financial expert. I didn't realize Twitter could be used for more than letting everyone know how that peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch was! (I don't think I'd really tweet about my everyday mischief unless it was adding some sort of value to others. I suppose I'll tweet an inspirational saying occasionally or fill people in on cool upcoming events I'm going to and think others might be interested in attending as well.)

Insert shameless plug here ---> "Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jpang95 "

I could see Twitter as being beneficial for those who would follow the library. But only nerds would follow a library on Twitter! (Ha! Look who's talking...I'm following a financial expert. hehe...Yeah, I'm a nerd. I'll admit, I'd follow the Frisco Public Library on Twitter too.)

I can see it now: "Arrrrrgh! A-hoy mates! Don't forget to arrive early to get your tickets for tomorrow's 10am Pirate Storytime!"

"Don't walk 'till you unlock*! Just a reminder to unlock your DVD's and CD's after checking them out!"

Yeah...we could tweet about stuff like that!

*Gary came up with that clever saying. I liked it so much, I just had to use it here! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment