Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Thing #6: Digg

*GasP* Did you realize that video explaining more about Digg was EIGHT MINUTES LONG?!?! I don't care how pink that guy's shirt is...he lost me at 0:24. I looked for the underlined blue letters and clicked on it. I'll figure out Digg without the 8 minute video, thank you very much! (*Jeopardy music playing in background as Janie explores Digg.com*)

...........

Okay...I'm back! Here's my verdict on Digg.com

Did you know yesterday was Nintendo's 25th Birthday!?!?!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NINTENDO!!!
I also learned that there's some debate about the Glee casts' latest photos in GQ magazine.
Oh, and a man was killed by a goat.

Digg has the potential to revolutionize elevator small talk. Who would want to just discuss the weather when you can awe those around you with bits of highly rated information such as, "Vatican Newspaper says Homer Simpson Catholic."

It's interesting to see what gets highly rated. Most of the stuff seems random and errs on the side of being funny. Initially, I can't say I see an immediate use for Digg other than it's good for us to know of it and how it works. Here's an article I found via Digg that discusses just that: http://www.splicetoday.com/digital/your-library-is-dying

No comments:

Post a Comment