Sunday, October 24, 2010

Thing #19: Hulu

WHAT!?!?
I can't sit  here and watch the latest episode of Modern Family or The Office at work?!?!
Lucky for you all, I've spent countless hours frying my brain at home watching show after show after show on Hulu.
I knew there would be a good reason for it one day! And now it has presented itself!

With technology constantly changing, digital delivery could potentially replace DVD's. I wonder if there's a large enough portion of the population that would prefer to keep some sort of tangible media with their shows on it. Hulu may be the "it" place right now for digital streaming of shows, but who knows what the next big website will be.

I could see libraries that keep up with the changing demands eventually offer some sort of online streaming for patrons that subscribe. (Kind of the way we offer e-books.) I'm sure the film industry will figure out a way to make money from the streaming of movies and shows...and when they start charging, libraries may find a way to offer the service for free to its patrons.



No comments:

Post a Comment